Monday 8 September 2014

Vintage Alley Lives On…...


My love for vintage probably triggered when I stumbled upon a gorgeous blue floral 50's cotton dress in my local op shop 8 or so years ago. This dress I still treasure to remind me of where & when it all began. 

Now my collection has grown to great proportions after running a vintage retail in beautiful Yackandandah, a small settlement in the foothills of N.E Victoria. Vintage Alley was a popular business gaining customers far & wide. Though sadly after 6 years it proved too bigger a commitment on my own, so this led to me closing it in Mar 2014, which was a day full of mixed emotions to say the least.

Since then I have been enjoying my freedom, travelling the world with hubby, Pete Denahy who has seriously etched his mark on the music/comedy industry here & abroad. However it's not been all play.Before globetrotting I concentrated on developing my on line store with a terrific program called wix.com & my team of talented photographers & beautiful models. It was a fun project & very satisfying to see to the end.

For sometime I have also had the vision of taking my store to the people in the form of a caravan/bus/ trailer. I've seen it successfully done by the wonderful Melbourne vintage collector, Trish Hunter, along with the lovely Sylvia Karcz owner of Vagabondia Vintage, who tours New York State.

It's just another great way of targeting the vintage market directly for those who prefer to try before they buy, which is an advantage. I plan to firstly attend markets to trial this clever concept & maybe then grow to bigger events such as music festivals, antique/vintage fairs etc.

In having had time to re-assess this crazy love affair I have for all things vintage I can now apply myself wholly & solely to any future goals I may plan.
www.vintagealley.com.au

Hope you'll join me on my journey of discovering more & more of the wondrous world of vintage.



No comments:

Post a Comment